A week at a glance:
*Next week we will continue our American Revolution unit. We will analyze Thomas Jefferson and his role in writing the Declaration of Independence.
*We will be show casing our Explorers Projects tomorrow. Students chose an explorer to study and described who the explorer was, who sponsored the exploration, why the explorer wanted to explore, when the exploration occurred, where they went, and what impact the explorer had on the new world. On Monday we will kick off our annual Wax Museum project. Please keep your eyes out for a letter coming home to parents on Monday.
5th Grade Math:
* We will continue working on Module 5, volume into next week.
6th Grade Math:
* We will begin our final module of the year that will focus on Geometry.
*We will begin writing biographies for our Wax Museum project. Next week we will work on a common biography together so we are clear of the expectations for our biography unit.
HW: Young Author’s Tea Roald Dahl Creative Story DUE Thursday, April 26th 2018.
* Bit.ly/5thvolunteer: Don't forget to sign up for volunteer options in 5th grade! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0a4ca9a928a46-snacks
* Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast. May 4th 2018 7:30-8:30am in the auditorium.
* Author’s Tea: April 26th from 3:45-5:30pm. K-2 in the gym, 3-5 in the auditorium. There will be a special performance by the Shakespeare Club at 4pm.
* Totally Tennyson April 28th 2018.
* Early Dismissal Friday April 27th 2018. School will be in session from 8:40am-12:00pm. Buses will pick students up at 12:30pm. Shakespeare Festival kids will be at the Festival until 3:30pm.
Thank you and have a fantastic weekend!
Edison Elementary School
5th Grade – Room 202